Monday 28 January 2008

Plans, plans, exciting plans...

Hello all of you in blog-land! (It's Jenni - I'm going to write in purple from now on!)

I thought I'd let you know that there are plans afoot :) Tonight Andy and I have been round to Diana's to have a think about our training schedule. The evening started with a 2 mile run for Diana and me, with us trying Diana's pace this time instead of mine (mine was much too fast!) I was so surprised by how far I could jog if I took it steadily. I think we jogged about 1.7 miles altogether, with only one stop of a couple of minutes in the middle - and although we went home after that, we both felt we could have gone further.

So, that was a good start to the evening. I was very pleased to have a hot shower on our return to Diana's and then a delicious dinner cooked by chef Edwards (tres bien). Then came the serious business of actually getting out our diaries and looking at our weekends for training purposes. Diana and I can do quite a few, and hopefully Andy and Robyn can join us for some. We've also sat down with a bit of string and a map and worked out a 6 mile running course to attempt at least once a week if possible, and decided that my Leigh Woods circuit is 2 miles (it's handy to know for timing purposes). As well as regular running in the week, Diana and I have entered ourselves for both the BHF Hearts First 5k Jog at Ashton Court on March 9th and the Sport Relief 3 mile challenge on March 16th. Hopefully having events so close to aim for will spur us on to greater commitment in training! As Andy says, we really need to push ourselves if we're going to be fit by July, so making sure we have little targets in between now and then will certainly help me to do so.

We are also planning two weekends of walking - one at the end of March, where we hope to go to the South Downs and try out some of the trail, and one in the middle of April, where we will go and do two days' walking on the Malverns. I really need to get some hill training in! But now the panto's out of the way, I have much more time, so fingers crossed I'll be good at going and doing it... but please encourage me when you see me, motivation is hard if it's raining or if I'm feeling tired/ill/lazy! (Or why not use the comments form. There. Just down there, below these words. That's it, looking all green and lovely and commenty :o) )

7 comments:

Robyn said...

And why did Andy not partake in the running...??? Obviously work is not a valid excuse :-p

Diana said...

Andy did do his own bit of running- he ran to mine from his with quite a heavy rucksack... so we'll let him off in this instance.

Andy said...

Exactement!!!! Andy ran a similar distance with ~8kg on his back! AND he only stopped 'cos otherwise he was getting told off for being late!!! AND work is a perfectly good excue if you're working over 9 hours a day!!!!! (Thought a little defensive action was required!)

Diana said...

How do you know it was 8kg? and 24-9=15 take away 7 for sleeping a couple for eating =5 hours for training! Therefore no EXCUSES MR (and the rest of us work just as hard- if not harder as the hours aren't necessarily confined to 9-5)!!!

It's not easy for any of us fitting in such a huge amount of training- especially as we're all very busy people- that's why the whole thing is such a challenge. AND why we deserve LOADS of sponsorship money for allowing this to take over our lives- please sponsor us people!!!!!

Robyn said...

Ooh, this blog is turning a bit controversial all of a sudden.

I didn't mean anything accusatory in my original comment - sorry Andy if you took offence. It's just easiest to pick on you because out of all of us you're the fittest. But yeah, I do realise you're training too.

And I have learnt my lesson. No more vague attempts at humour or sarcasm. Maybe it doesn't work in the context of a blog.

I'm done. I'm good.

:-)

Diana said...

I'd keep the vague attempts at humour and sarcasm coming- it's very entertaining.

jenni said...

hehe, given the amount of insults Andy doles out I'm sure he can take it, Robyn :op Keep it coming!!!!