Saturday 5 April 2008

Prepped...

Back from Oxford :-)

I think the session was useful. If a little scary, hehe. It was useful to hear from past participants, get some hints and tips from them. And I definitely came away with more admiration for what our support crew are going to have to do.

NOTE TO SUPPORT CREW: I read about one support crew that prepared a BBQ and 3 course meal for their team at one of the checkpoints, then dressed up as chef's and waiter's and laid out a table with tablecloth, full place settings and provided wine!!! And there were pictures to prove it!!!

Now I genuinely don't want our support crew to do that because if they did I don't think I would be able to carry on walking afterwards (plus that would take up loads of time that we just don't have), but it just goes to show some of the lengths the support crew's go to. They definitely shouldn't be forgotten about.

And now I've had another week of reality check's I must keep repeating to myself 'must train, must train, must train'.

So basically my life for the next 4 months - revision and training.

No comments: